Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is an industry term for the administration of mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablet computers, laptops and desktop computers. MDM is usually implemented with the use of a third party products such as Citrix Xen Mobile.
Employees want access to apps and data from any mobile device, including their own personal devices and the apps that people need to get their jobs done have expanded beyond email to include Windows, datacenter, web and native mobile apps. However, for IT, allowing users to access all of their apps and data from untrusted devices raises significant security and compliance concerns.
Citrix XenMobile is a comprehensive solution for managing and protecting mobile devices, apps and data, and giving users the freedom to experience work and life their way. Its features include:
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for configuring, securing, provisioning and supporting mobile devices
- Mobile App Management (MAM) for complete management, security and control over native mobile apps and their associated data
- Sandboxed apps including email, browser, file sharing and editing, note taking, task management, and collaboration
- Multi-factor single sign-on (SSO)
- Shared devices – i.e. the ability to share apps and data among multiple users with Mobile Device Management (MDM) and MAM Control