Why you need proactive NOT reactive IT support
Today’s fast-paced businesses rely on technology in order to successfully function. If their computers or hardware fail, it will not only be frustrated customers and employees they have to deal with, but their bottom line will also suffer. The need for reliable IT systems has never been more prevalent.
IT hardware and infrastructure are susceptible around the clock and outages of these are less likely (and less painful!) if potential problems are addressed ahead of time, rather when a complete failure occurs. In fact, some of the most damaging issues are ones that have gone unnoticed, developing slowly over time. As a result, avoiding outages is only possible if you are proactively monitoring your infrastructure – something that doesn’t always happen if your main business isn’t IT.
If you find your business is struggling to cope with the demands monitoring your IT environment 24/7 can bring, you will benefit from partnering with a proactive IT support provider, one that will monitor your infrastructure and seek to resolve issues before they become serious problems.
Here are six benefits that come from investing in proactive IT support:
- Budgeting – Proactive IT support allows you to plan your IT budget and spending more strategically. You will typically be charged a set monthly fee that encompasses everything from monitoring and updating to maintenance. Without proactive support in place, costs can be very unpredictable, and therefore, expensive in the long run.
- Productivity – If a problem arises with your IT systems, it can be hugely disruptive for all of your staff. A proactive approach will reduce the risk of downtime significantly as well as create a more efficient and happy work environment.
- Strategy – Proactive IT support providers are industry experts. They will often work with you to handle strategic elements of your IT such as evaluating your hardware and software, and ensure that your IT systems align with your business objectives.
- Security – Cybercrime is currently ranked as one of the greatest threats to businesses. Proactive IT support providers know how important security and looking after your critical data is, so every step will be taken to ensure your systems and data are protected from cyber-criminals.
- Better decision making – Automated tools used by proactive IT-support providers maintain an overview of your IT systems continuously. Using these, you will be able to make informed decisions and identify any weaknesses in your current infrastructure with the help of your IT partner.
- Disaster Recovery – The importance of disaster recovery is becoming more and more of a top agenda for business leaders. Accidents such as floods, fires and cyber-attacks happen more often than you might think. A proactive IT partner will help you create a robust plan in case of the unforeseen.
For any successful business, the importance of a proactive approach to their IT is essential. A proactive IT support contract is not just about freeing up time and ensuring that installations and updates are applied, it’s about partnering with someone who can also anticipate your business’ needs and make recommendations that best suit your specific requirements.
Serval IT Systems are you complete IT provider. Whether you’re a growing business with limited resources, or a large corporate enterprise needing some extra support, we have the experience and expertise to give you the service you need. Please get in touch for more information.